Reach YOUR Ideal Audience With Alan Rogers
Expert in its field, Alan Rogers enjoys a unique market-leading heritage and is positioned as a reliable, quality-oriented provider of information and holidays. Alan Rogers works with advertisers and promotional partners to provide the most appropriate place to target the right user at the right time with high quality creative.
Opportunities For Your Business
Independent, expert and trusted. Alan Rogers can offer you unparalleled promotional opportunities via traditional off-line media, as well as integrated online products.
The Alan Rogers Guides
- Market leader since 1968, published annually in January
- Sold in all main bookshop chains, including WH Smiths, Waterstones, Borders
- Sold on-line, including Amazon, Tesco, Sainsbury
- Other outlets: outdoors retailers (eg Halfords), exhibitions etc
- Dutch editions have high penetration in Holland: over 90% of all bookshops
- Sales developing in Belgium and Scandinavia
- Annual sales iro 60,000
- Most popular readers’ leisure interests include gardening, outdoor activities
- Interest in wildlife and heritage: high membership of National Trust and RSPB
- Popular activities include golf, fishing
- Readers are typically ABC1, typically 40 years+, active and with an interest in outdoors pursuits
- A high proportion are retired/early retired couples who enjoy travel and leisure activities
- High propensity to read Daily Mail, Telegraph, Express
The Promotional Campaign
- Above and below the line promotional campaign includes direct mail to lists, PR at both industry-specific level and national level
- e-marketing campaign
- Promotional inserts with various partners
- Sponsorship and reader offers within magazines, exhibitions, on-line at www.alanrogers.com
Off the page advertising (campsites and non-campsites), advertorial and sponsorship, as well as white label products to enhance your brand.
Co-branded ‘mini-guides’, for promotional use, are of increasing interest offering low cost price and high perceived value for business seeking tangible rewards or incentives
The Alan Rogers Website
The Alan Rogers website has developed to attract an identifiable community of desirable, affluent users, by offering a quality internet-based resource. As part of a concerted campaign involving the full marketing mix, it cannot be overlooked.
- Annually the site attracts 1,000,000 unique visitors.
- Over 20 million page impressions per year
Campsite listings are increasingly popular with campsites to ensure greater prominence.These feature enhanced content, images, hyperlinks and more. A wide range of banners and buttons is available throughout the website, and we can offer integrated products to enhance your brand, such as bespoke mini-sites, section sponsorship and more. Got an idea? Talk to us about it.
NEW – Alan Rogers Sat Nav
The ‘Alan Rogers Campsites’ sat-nav product was launched recently in association with MyPOI World, a fast expanding player in the navigation market. It allows users to easily locate nearly 3,000 quality campsites in more than 30 countries.
- Select campsites by name, location or type of facilities
- Includes campsite phone number
- Identifies pet-friendly campsites
- Identifies presence of pool, shop, bar, restaurant etc
- Identifies if campsite is situated close to water
Compatible with Tom Tom, Garmin, Mio devices.
Campsites can enhance their basic entry (co-ordinates) with richer content (editorial description, images and more). Ask about retailing this new product or using it as a promotional tool for your business.
Unique Publications From Alan Rogers
Alan Rogers can offer various promotional opportunities on products like co-branded mini-guides published exclusively with consumer magazines. A great way to get your brand involved with relevant, lifestyle content with high perceived value.
Our fast developing annual newspaper Signature is distributed free at UK exhibitions, via free digital download or as an online edition with page-turning software and zoom functionality. Distribution via email newsletters (see below) enhances its reach. An additional distribution channel for your brand at a busy time when you want to maximise your share of voice in a concentrated few days.
Opportunities include display advertising, sponsorship, 'white label' versions and more.
Alan Rogers E-commerce
Our readers and web users are serious campers and caravanners. They spend a long time planning their holidays and always want special offers, product news and ideas.
You can talk to them via our fully opted-in B2C e-newsletters. Choose either a shared e-mailing or a standalone solus e-mailing.
We can also offer a limited B2B e-newsletter service, putting your product in front of campsite owners across Europe.
Talk to serious campers and caravanners and get your message to them directly through inclusion in our email communications.
The Camping and Caravanning Audience
Aged 35-64 and enjoying a high disposable income, typically owning well-cared for vehicles (many two-car families). In fact there is a high rate of new car ownership with an estimated £810 million spent annually on new vehicles. An estimated £350 million is spent annually replacing caravans and motorcaravans, with another £208 million spent on car and travel accessories. 85% have a mobile phone and most have computers, with nearly 70% having internet access. (Source: The Caravan Club).
The Camping and Caravanning Market
Camping and caravanning is a commercially interesting niche within the overall travel sector, representing a massive 17% of all paid-for UK holidays alone. Over 1 million people take caravan holidays each year, supported by strong sales of new vehicles and growth in the camping market and outdoor pursuits industry in general. Last year new caravan sales were extremely buoyant, up by 23%, with new motorhome registrations showing a big increase of 12.5%. With 498,000 touring caravans, 112,000 motorhomes and 335,000 caravan holiday homes in the UK alone, the industry is worth over £3 billion per annum. (Source: National Caravan Council Ltd).
For further information regarding advertising and promotional opportunities with Alan RogersMarketing Website
Enquirers regarding the UK market
Russell Wheldon, Marketing Director
01580 214 022
Enquiries regarding continental markets
Cornel Straver, Director, Alan Rogers Marketing
Van Boetzelaerlaan 20, 3828 NS Hoogland, Netherlands
+31 (0) 33 422 70 60